Thursday, February 7, 2008

#8. Share Your Creations

For this THING I used Slideshare. I checked out the other options, but Slideshare struck me immediately as something I could use right now without a lot of tech support. The fact that I could do it all by myself says it is pretty easy to use. I would certainly recommend Slideshare to anyone who has created slideshow presentations. I chose to share some theater sets--mostly because those are pictures I already had and I am still not comfortable putting pictures of me or anyone else on the web. The slide show I posted is located at the bottom of this webpage. It was on the sidebar, but only about 2/3 of each picture would show up. So today I learned to re-arrange my blog page.

Library uses--we could use this to publish instructions. Kids can follow pictures much more quickly than written word instructions. Also, we could highlight events or collections in the library.

Personal uses--sharing pictures is always fun. Also, believe it or not, even digital pictures are already getting old. I have tons of pictures on floppy disks--and already computers are out that do not read the old floppies. This is one way of keeping pictures. I imagine as long as the web holds up, the pictures will be there.

No comments:

theater sets

Theater Sets

From: carolh, 4 minutes ago



Sets from a few plays we have done. The first four are from "Noises Off," the next six are from "Scrooge," and the last are from "Secret Garden."

SlideShare Link