Sunday, February 24, 2008

#15 Online Games and libraries

For this Thing I joined the Pirates game and learned how to bilge and carpent. I was better at bilging. I did not interact with anyone other than to read what some of the other pirates were saying.

I did learn a little about Teen Second Life, but I have never been a game playing-person. When I was in college, it was all about Dungeons and Dragons. I didn't take part in that, either. Actually, you had to really twist my arm to even get me to play Monopoly or Chutes and Ladders when I was young.

I really have NO feelings about games in libraries. They are not allowed in our school, but that is mostly because of limited funds--our goal is to keep computers running so they are available for curriculum-related assignments. So far, games don't fit that category. I will ask some of my students how much game-playing they do, but I do not see this becoming an issue for me at school.

No comments:

theater sets

Theater Sets

From: carolh, 4 minutes ago



Sets from a few plays we have done. The first four are from "Noises Off," the next six are from "Scrooge," and the last are from "Secret Garden."

SlideShare Link