Wednesday, February 6, 2008

#7. Web 2.0 Communication Tools

I took to e-mail immediately--no training required. I use it every day for professional and personal reasons. Our school sends daily announcements to all staff--a major paper-saver-- and individuals communicate quickly without having to interrupt class. E-mail is great!

We have not used these tools for on-line reference. Quite frankly, I have been disappointed that my staff and students embrace the internet, but they make very little use of specific databases. The whole internet is their preferred reference tool. I have not found the means to combat that.

I am not a text-messager. E-mail is fast enough. My students are not allowed to chat, go to places like FaceBook, or have cell phones during the school day. Teachers are supposed to follow the same rules.

I have attended a couple of webinars. Cannot remember the subject of my first webinar, but certainly this year I have attended most of the webinars concerning the library survey that is coming in April. I love webinars! No driving....generally I get to choose a convenient time....and I have had no trouble with system breakdowns. I would choose a webinar over a live seminar any day. It's the best way to get info to those of us on the introverted side.

1 comment:

SAMMIE said...

Carol,
Welcome to 23 Things on a Stick. You are well on your way. Wabasso Schools is really on the "stick". Robin

theater sets

Theater Sets

From: carolh, 4 minutes ago



Sets from a few plays we have done. The first four are from "Noises Off," the next six are from "Scrooge," and the last are from "Secret Garden."

SlideShare Link