Wednesday, February 20, 2008

#13 Online Productivity Tools

This Thing I am doing just so I can say I did it. I have to say up front that I already have a webpage, and it is taylored to ME. Nothing else will beat it.

But, I used the igoogle webpage creator. It was very easy and really quick. It says it will help you create a webpage in thirty seconds, and it did. I customized it with the choices the google page offered. I will keep it in my favorites, but I am not willing to give up my old webpage.

The main difficulty I encountered is that I do not know how to make this new page link with web places not offered on the igoogle page. Igoogle offers a million choices, but it does not include such things as MNLink or Wabasso Public Library in those choices. I will keep exploring. I did not create my original webpage or I would know more how to do this. I will keep trying.

I did add a "to-do" list to my webpage, and I will try using it for a few days. I have not yet become used to my computer reminding me to do stuff. I am still a hardcopy sticky note user rather than a virtual.

We already have a shared calendar at my school. It is incorporated into our e-mail system, so I do not feel the need to use yet another electronic calendar. However, I have signed up with 30 Boxes. We will see how much I remember to use it. I feel a little overwhelmed because I have signed up for so many new accounts. I have made a special folder in my e-mail for all the new accounts I have. I will try to remember to use them all.

One of the tools that I will remember to try is Zamzar. We often have students who cannot open homework from home on a school computer. We will see how this stacks up against some of the other tools my tech person uses.

No comments:

theater sets

Theater Sets

From: carolh, 4 minutes ago



Sets from a few plays we have done. The first four are from "Noises Off," the next six are from "Scrooge," and the last are from "Secret Garden."

SlideShare Link