Wednesday, March 5, 2008

#18 YouTube and other on-line videos

Hopefully I have embedded the Gene Wilder alka-seltzer commercial--a commercial from many years ago. I tried for a different commercial that is more my favorite, but the embedding for that one was "disabled by request".

Of course, this was fun, but we cannot use YouTube at school as it is blocked. The sites on YouTube are entertaining, but I really cannot see how I would use them in a classroom unless we were studying pop culture. I don't know much about the actual technology, but I have a feeling allowing YouTube might let other things into our system that are undesirable. It would also slow our system because a lot of kids would be "Tubing" throughout the day. And it would be a waste of time better spent doing just about anything.

No comments:

theater sets

Theater Sets

From: carolh, 4 minutes ago



Sets from a few plays we have done. The first four are from "Noises Off," the next six are from "Scrooge," and the last are from "Secret Garden."

SlideShare Link